Sunday, August 19, 2012

Balancing Act...

And so the school year begins again. Now starts the juggling act of balancing my full time job as a teacher with my jewelry hobby/job.

How do I do it you ask? Well, a lot of my making of jewelry I only do on the weekends. When I first started, I was working well into the night and I learned very quickly that I wouldn't be able to keep up at that pace. So, I committed to Sundays being my main beading day. I plan on continuing that with the start of the new school year.

As of now I have a lot of inventory, but I do need to continue to add to my inventory especially because of my upcoming festivals and shows I am taking part in this fall.

In a few weeks, I am going to be making my debut at a huge festival in Annapolis, Maryland. It is the Maryland Seafood Festival! It should be a good time for all and hopefully I will make some great money. In order to make sure that I have enough inventory, I set goals for myself for each of my categories and hopefully I will be able to meet those goals. The worst thing is to not have enough to sell someone who is interested in at a festival!

My jewelry business started as a hobby in order to get out some of my creativity outside of the classroom, but it has blossomed into this business. It is more than just a hobby to me for many reasons especially for the fact that I have invested a lot of my own money in this business. I want it to be successful. For that reason, I continually push myself creatively and as a business owner. Hopefully, this business continues to give me sanity and provide me with a way to spread my creativity with anyone and everyone! I am so excited for the possibilities!

And so the school year begins...wish me luck!


Maryland Seafood Festival information:

No comments:

Post a Comment