Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dark and Stormy...

This past weekend I did the Maryland Seafood Festival and it was a quite eventful weekend! Here is a little recap...

The first day was VERY VERY windy! Luckily I brought the sides to my tent so I could keep my jewelry from flying everywhere. I have learned that WIND IS NOT MY FRIEND...it doesn't bode well with light necklace busts!

Around 4:30 pm, the event staff started coming around saying that there was a storm coming. They suggested that we drop down our tent and put all of my jewels in the middle. Suddenly, I looked behind our tent to see this coming our way...


My sister and I went into survival mode. We put all of my jewelry into my plastic containers (which ended up saving all my jewelry) and did our best to secure the tent. We ran to the car and decided to wait it out, but with no end of the storm in sight we started towards our hotel! As we left Sandy point park we saw this...
 Which led to me to think that if this tree couldn't survive the storm...how was my tent going to survive. After dinner we went back to try and get into the park to check on my stuff, but it was blocked my cones. I had to hope for the best and wait to find out in the morning.

The next morning, my mom and I went back to the festival to find my tent in this condition...

The entire back part of my tent had snapped in half. BUT I only had two jewelry busts damaged, wet table cloths, and some jewelry that needed to be restrung. I kept reminding myself "it could be worse, it could be worse, it could be worse!"Here is the tent graveyard from all the tents damaged in the storm...

Then I jumped into survival mode again...we found the closest store open on Sunday and bought a new tent. At the end of the day, this is what my new tent and set up looked like..

One of the vendors creatively made a memorial structure for the tents that didn't survive the storm..so creative!


Overall, it was a great weekend! I learned a lot and made money:-) On to the next one...


No comments:

Post a Comment