Monday, November 5, 2012

The Art of Hosting a Trunk Show...

So, I am learning that throwing a jewelry trunk show is much more involved than one would think. I am having one of my three shows this coming Saturday and I have kicked into gear with the planning.

Questions I have asked myself...Am I making enough food??? How much should I have to drink??? Where should I display the jewelry in my house??? I have been researching, but there isn't much out there about hosting an trunk show of your own jewelry. Doing shows through bigger companies is slightly different because they give you more support since they have consultants do them all the time!

I have gotten a great response from family, friends, and co workers about coming, which is GREAT! Everyone is really excited and so am I, but the nervousness has also start to set in! EEEEKKK!

I came to realize that food wise making stuff early in the week and freezing it would be a safe way to go. Then all I have to do is pop them in the oven and I am ready to go! Here is what I have so far...the 1st picture is some pizza rolls and the 2nd is mozzarella sticks!


Food wise...I am making lots of cold dips, so again I don't have to worry about heating stuff up! I will continue to post all week about my process in preparing for my jewelry shows! 

Being a business owner has opened me up to so many opportunities that has helped me grow as a person and learn a lot! I am always thinking of creative new ways to get my jewelry out there! I will keep you posted on my progress!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment